Let’s take a quick look at how I’m doing on my goal.
I may have read one or more of the first three before January 1.
- A Thousand Splendid Suns
- Bridge of Sighs by Richard Russo
- I Am Legend by Richard Matheson
- Couples by John Updike
- The Coldest Winter by David Halberstam
- As They See ‘Em by Bruce Weber
- The first Elmore Leonard interlude (7 books)
- Jesus Interrupted by Bart D. Ehrman
- That Old Cape Magic by Richard Russo
- Rhino Ranch by Larry McMurtry
The “for sure” list:
- Friday Night Lights – H.G. Bissinger
- Girls Like Us – Sheila Weller (biographies of Carol King, Carly Simon, and Joni Mitchell)
- A Briefer History of Time – Stephen Hawking
The “probable” list:
- The Fifties – David Halberstam
- Another Elmore Leonard interlude
The “maybe/mabye not” list:
- The Time Traveller’s Wife – Audrey Niffennegger (It’s been on my beside table for a couple of years)
- Netherland – Joseph O’Neill. (Presiden Obama read it, but I hear it’s depressing – just right for winter !)
If anyone’s out there, I’m taking suggestions!
One thought on “The Scorecard in Mid August”
I really recommend The Time Travelor's Wife. Truly–it is so much better than you think it will be!